"Its Oesophageal Cancer"

• D&M Heaven

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We are in Dexamethasone and Mirtazapine heaven :))

Peter weight loss continued as he had all but given up eating so on Tuesday he commenced a short course of kick ass D&M.

Its fantastic he has not stopped eating, I am loving cooking and getting an empty plate back, plus he is grazing between meals.

His oesophagus is patent and he can swallow but It is so difficult when the chemo and RT give such an aversion to…

• Peter 1..... Cancer 0

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Peter's pain was returning so he had a symptom review at our local Pilgrims Hospice He has been prescribed a course of alternative therapy and his Fentanyl Patch dose has been doubled to 25mcg with such good effect. He even went out on Friday night for a couple of games of snooker with his mates.

Yes he looks ill, and they get a bit windy but they all have my number and know I will be there in a few minutes if they…

• Body Building

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Easter Monday the weather here was lovely so Peter and I took our 3 Grand Children to a boot fair, Peter was very happy poking about the stalls we took a walking seat so he could rest and stopped for a picnic lunch halfway round. it was smashing so normal, he bought more plants for the garden, the children roamed around on their own with a little bit of pocket money which they all spent on books, not surprising as they…

• Rain stopped Play. But Maths Saved The Day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We intended to meet up with our family today at a nearby classic car show, and have a picnic lunch listening to the live music.

But the cold wet and windy weather forced a change of plan.

The nine of us met for an indoor picnic at our eldest daughters,where we held a maths tournament. which basically was who can get the most multiplication sums right in 5 minutes . Huh!! We were five adults doing our best but beaten…

• We took a deep breath, pressed reset, and started again.:))

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterday was a long one but a huge step forward after so much uncertainty.

We know we are very lucky to have been able to access world class experts who have given an informed and considered opinion that Peter's recent heart attack was not due to Paclitaxol or Herceptin, they explained yesterday how they arrived at that decision .

The trial office said based on this opinion, Peter could be offered an opportunity…