For The Love Of Gordy - A Sister's Story

• Good Morning Tears

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh no!  I wake up crying and really hate myself for doing this because I never seem to be able to lift my mood when I do.  So I lay there wallowing in the unfairness of it all and the dog licks away my tears.  I would like to think it's because he knows I am miserable and upset but the reality is the poor little thing is absolutely busting for a pee and probably a poo and  I realise I must get my fat ass into the shower…

• It's That Time of Year When...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

...I start baking the fruit cakes for Christmas.  (I bake and decorate celebration cakes).

Got two in the oven this morning and just washed the fruit and soaked with brandy to make two more tomorrow.  Normally I would be dancing around my kitchen with joy as I love the smells created by baking rich fruit cake but today I feel a little sad because a) I don't know if Gordy will still be with us at Christmas and b) I think…

• Rainy Days and Wednesdays Always Get Me Down...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

If I'd thought of the song I'd have used it on Monday but didn't so Wednesday will have to do!  Actually this is another big fat lie because today is not too bad a day apart from the fact that it's still raining!

Dougy's results from JCH and GP are not that bad at all.  Not brilliant but not that bad. It seems he doesn't have bleeding ulcers or the nasty 'C' word!  BIG HURRAHS!!!!!!!!!  The…

• What A Cheery Way to Start The Day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Now don't be fooled by the title of this blog post - it's a big fat lie!

The weather in Middlesbrough is just awful but I suspect it's cloudy, windy and rainy in just about all parts of the UK today!  Walked the Rockstar down to Mumsy's for breakfast (the dog's not mine) and Gordy was still in bed.  He is going to the hospital with Dougy this morning as Dougy is going to get the results of the nine…

• Carrying On With The Story...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So my baby brother comes home from the hospital.  We are all still in shock and I wonder where the tears continue to come from.  And the anger - oh my the anger is tearing me to pieces.  When will it leave me  I try to be calm when I am around others but I scream myself hoarse when I am alone.

BB has continued to upset people.  She has tried to infiltrate (believe me there is no other word for it) my brother's friends and…