For The Love Of Gordy - A Sister's Story

• So Where Was I....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh yes.  It was the end of the first week hearing bad news for my little brother (term used loosely as he is 6' 3".

Dougy got home and broke his heart crying but then pulled himself together and started taking over the evening visiting so that my Mumsy could get a little rest and I could look after her.  It seemed like forever waiting for the results of the biopsy and in the 5 days waiting Dougy had to endure…

• The Next Day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Can't sleep (one of the reasons I decided to create the blog) so have decided to carry on!

Took BB home early in the morning.  All of a sudden she is huggy, touchy, feely but I don't think anything of it and put it down to the stress of the previous day and the rotten news.

All I can really remember about this day is feeling kind of numb but still so angry.

Mam and me went to the hospital for afternoon visiting…

• A Really Bad Day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh how I wish I had had the courage to start this two months ago.  So much seems to have happened since then but I'm going to write this story from the beginning.  I promise to do it in stages though and will not give you the whole two months at once.

On the 3rd August 2011 I went to James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough for evening visiting.  Gordy had been in hospital for a week.  He had acute gut pain and the plan…