Everything changes from tomorrow....

• Dad's second chemo...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So Thursday was dad's second chemo for SCLC, Carboplatin and Etoposide.  Same procedure as last time but no tablet antibiotics to take, the Oncologist said the first cycle is the highest risk so they tend to stop them due to risk of other 'superbugs' he said??

Anyway, he is feeling a lot more exhausted this time, struggling to do normal things.  The dizziness has continued, although there was nothing amiss…

• Dad's a bit down....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Saturday morning he says that he keeps going dizzy, like he's going to fall over.  I said dizzy in your head he said no, his whole body like it's going to give way. We talked and he explained more and i think he is suffering with anxiety.  Since his bowel diagnosis, it's been such a rollercoaster and he has coped so well and remained strong, 7 weeks on, reflecting it is a 'wow has that all really happened'.…

• Dad's first oncologist appointment post chemo...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello all,

Dad had his first chemo for SCLC on 4th August, Carboplatin and Etoposide.  No side effects apart from the hiccups for a couple of days and loss of taste, again for the couple of days.  The antibiotics have cleared up a long sinus issue so he can at least hear better!!

So his appointment was 10.10, xray and bloods first.  Mum is going to Spain to pack things up and put their place up for sale, flying from EMA…

• Cycle ride for charity, please sponsor me...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello all,

I'm a keen cyclist, cycling around 150 miles a week and I like to do charity rides when I can.  I've enrolled to do the Moonriders this year, it's 100km from London to Brighton on Friday 16th September, leaving central London at midnight, reaching Brighton by sunrise.  It is to raise money for Breast Cancer Campaign as well as all the associated cancer charities, including Macmillan.

If you would…

• Woke up filled with anxiety and dread today :(

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Morning all,

Had a scare with dad last night, he was still feeling well after his first chemo on Thursday for SCLC (Carboplatin and Etoposide), no nausea or obvious fatigue.  Anyway they'd been for a walk (him and mum) and gone for some lunch, came back and went for a lie down (he's not been sleeping).  He came down and all of a sudden there was a look of complete fear in his face, I asked what was wrong and he…