Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• "As an Ostomate, I am always looking for tasty recipes to add variety to my diet." - Dining with an Ostomate: Carrot and ginger soup

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Dinning with an Ostomate: Carrot and ginger soup" written on a picture of a chopping board

It’s time for another Dining with an Ostomate post. This week Debbie shares with us a TASTY AND SUPER SIMPLE ‘Carrot and ginger soup’ recipe. Here’s Debbie to tell us more about the benefits of carrots and ginger…

The benefits of carrot and ginger…

As an Ostomate, I am always looking for tasty recipes to add variety to my diet. With summer around the corner, although we’ll soon…

• Going abroad? Having difficulty accessing affordable Travel Insurance?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Travel insurance" written on a picture of sand and seashells

Summer’s officially here, and I’m sure a lot of you are about to embark on getaways abroad to enjoy some well-deserved time away, or perhaps recuperate from treatment.

Unfortunately, if you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, insurers are all too often reluctant to offer affordable travel insurance, as they consider you far more likely to make a claim. However, the Community’s got your back through both our …

• Dining with an Ostomate - Chicken and squash gratin

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Dining with an ostomate" written over a blue background and a fork and spoon outlined in flour

It’s time for another Dining with an Ostomate post – this week Debbie shares with us a DELICIOUS AND SIMPLE ‘Chicken and squash gratin’ recipe. It features the immune boosting, vitamin and fibre-packed butternut squash; and chicken breasts for an added protein punch.

Enjoy…

Chicken and squash gratin

Serves 4, easily halved, and freezes well.

Ingredients

1 tbsp vegetable oil.
    1 onion, finely…