Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Dealing with Change

The emotional effects of dealing with change and cancer are something that is often talked about by our members.

“This is so hard and I get frustrated with all the conflicting emotions, whether the changes I'm making are right or wrong and if Nic would approve of what I'm doing. 

I have a lot of support from friends and family, but am feeling very lost at the moment and can't say this to anybody apart from…

• Finding support for stoma reversal and LARS on the Online Community

The Ileostomy, colostomy and stoma support group on the Online Community is a place where members can support one another through surgery, managing a stoma, diet tips and keeping comfortable. Following surgery for bowel cancer, colorectal cancers, other cancers and pre-cancerous conditions, some members have a permanent stoma, others may have been offered a temporary stoma.

When you have a temporary stoma, you might be…

• Telling children about cancer

Alongside receiving a cancer diagnosis, one of the toughest moments a person can face is having to tell their children that they have cancer. Finding the words can be difficult, especially when trying to process the information yourself. It’s challenging but a conversation many will have to have, especially if mum or dad could potentially be struggling physically. In this blog, we take a look around the Community and…