clarebearx2's blog

• Home...and happy

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    So, dad is home again!! Much to his - and everyone's - delight! He got through his low days and once his bloods were up to the required levels he was allowed home - yay! He came home on Monday and had to attend clinic for more bloods yesterday, after which he saw his doctor for the results...and they were worth waiting for!! The doc said that his blood levels were up again from even the previous day & that everything…
  • on the up again!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    After a few days of being really down in the dumps, dad has now regained his bright and optimistic spirit. It was quite upsetting hearing him so obviously down - probably like most people, I was always used to dad being the strong one! I think my brother made dad's day at the weekend when he took in a get well card that he had managed to get the players from Norwich City Football Club to sign with messages of best…
  • Hiccups & Down Days

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Dad has now finished his second cycle of chemotherapy and had little in the way of side effects...the most annoying being recurring hiccups and heartburn!! He feels very lucky if that's all the side effects he gets. He's now waiting for the bloods to go flat and will stay in hospital until he bounces back. The other effect that he finds most frustrating is the tiredness and complete lack of energy...especially as he…
  • Chemo number 2!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    After a lovely week at home dad is now back in hospital and has started his second cycle of chemo today. He loved being able to potter around and get out in the fresh air - even though a walk to the postbox took about 45 minutes as he bumped into lots of the neighbours who were keen to find out how he was (which is nice). The thing he found most frustrating was his lack of energy after being such an active person. …
  • Home sweet home!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    First of all I want to say thank you to everyone who has sent their best wishes on hearing how well dad is doing...it means a lot! Went to see dad yesterday. I picked him up from the hospital in the morning & took him home. He was really pleased to be able to come home, especially on such a lovely spring day so he was able to wander round his 'grounds' and check that mum had been doing the weeding/planting/pruning…