Christine1's blog

• End May 2013

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Alls calm is Christine's world.

I had a wonderful months holiday in Cambodia and Vietnam. In Cambodia we stayed in Seam Reap, visited Angkor Wat, and took a helicopter ride over the sites.   Vietnam was a great experience, starting in the South we stayed in Saigon and took a 3 day trip down the Mekong Delta, then headed north to the beautiful town/Cities of Hoi An, Halong Bay, Hanoi, and finished with a 6 day 4x4…

• Goodbye 2012 and hello 2013.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm so glad to be alive, and its 2013!

2012 was a year of such extremes highs and lows.  I loved the Olympics and paras, saw my youngest turn 21.  hated the weather, semi liked my holidays this year, and fell to an all time low when my dear mum died in September, did a lot of comfort eating and am now 2 stone overweight.     Time to pick myself up, dust myself off and make the most of the wonderful life that God has…

• Goodnight Mum.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today is Sunday 30th September 2012 and the day I hoped would never arrive.  At 4.30pm today my dear sweet, stubborn, hard-working, courageous and brave mum decided that enough was enough and she did not want to stay in this world any longer.  She tried so hard to hold on until my sisters arrived to be with her, but god's call was to great and she was pleased to go to him.  Her breathing was very laboured for about half…

• August 2012

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I can't believe that I've not posted for such a long time. 7 months, I think.

Its now the start of August 2012, and I've had quite a quiet year so far.  Spend from January to June completing my Beauty course at Bridgwater College.....and loving every minute of it, even though I was by for the oldie in the class.  It's so nice to be with the young people, their enthusiasm for life and new experiences is very…

• End of year update 2011.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a mixed holiday.....some good and some bad. I found Singapore a tad uninteresting.  By the time we reached Cairns I had picked up a virus (probably from the aeroplane air conditioning) and  the humidity and heat in the Daintree rain forest didn't help.  It was a good experience going to the doctors surgery which was 2 huts joined by an open verrander which served as the waiting room......all very laid back and relaxed…