End May 2013

1 minute read time.

Alls calm is Christine's world.

I had a wonderful months holiday in Cambodia and Vietnam. In Cambodia we stayed in Seam Reap, visited Angkor Wat, and took a helicopter ride over the sites.   Vietnam was a great experience, starting in the South we stayed in Saigon and took a 3 day trip down the Mekong Delta, then headed north to the beautiful town/Cities of Hoi An, Halong Bay, Hanoi, and finished with a 6 day 4x4 trip up into the mountains finishing in Sapa which was spectacular.  This is such a beautiful part of the world, filled with welcoming, friendly people who I will never forget.

My home business is doing very well, but the lack of any signs of summer is starting to depress me slightly.  

I still miss my Mum so badly and still have a good cry occasionally.  I recently placed her in her final resting place on the top of a Somerset Hill: Its a lovely spot which overlooked the the Mendips, Glastonbury Tor and Burnham-on-Sea, which is where she lived.  I can see the hill from the bottom of my garden and can watch the sun set behind it every evening, which is very comforting.

Had a family trip to Krakow in February......such a lovely snowy place and a good few days of eating, drinking and good company.

Visited Northumberland and the Scottish Boarders where we did some great walks and caught up with relations in the area.  Now I feel I'm just drifting around waiting for the summer to start and planning our walking weekends to Brownsea Island, Norfolk and Snowdonia.

My health has been very good.  I had a bone scan in February and my GP said there is an improvement in bone density.......very pleased with myself. (pat on the back).

Anonymous