End of year update 2011.

2 minute read time.

Had a mixed holiday.....some good and some bad. I found Singapore a tad uninteresting.  By the time we reached Cairns I had picked up a virus (probably from the aeroplane air conditioning) and  the humidity and heat in the Daintree rain forest didn't help.  It was a good experience going to the doctors surgery which was 2 huts joined by an open verrander which served as the waiting room......all very laid back and relaxed.....as you would expect from the aussies.  The G.P was very nice but told me that it was just a virus, gave me some panadol and told me to rest for a week.   By the time we arrived in Sydney I had Bronchitis,bordering on pneumonia. Went again to a G.P (civilized this time) and this time was given X-rays and antibiotics.  In total the whole episode cost a fortune and meant that I had to miss out on my reef dive because my breathing was so bad.  I did manage to recover enough to do a few of the touristy things around Sydney, including the Bridge climb which was brilliant, and to see all the fruit bats in the botanical gardens, plus a lovely day in the Blue Mountains.  My apologies to 'Oldandgrey' for not finding the time to meet up.

The last week of the holiday was in Tasmania.  By this time I was feeling much better and was able to enjoy some wonderful walks around Cradle Mountain and a fantastic boat trip into the Tasman Sea where we saw Dolphins and Hump Back Whales.  I enjoyed Tasmania the most but was glad (as always) to get home to good old blighty.  I thought that Australia was a wonder part of the world to see, but would not want to live there unless I was a snake, spider, crocodile, shark,  jelly fish or some other deadly critter.  The only place for the humans is in the cities........and I don't care to much for cities.

Now back at college and have just completed the first term of my new course.  Christmas is just around the corner and I'm looking forward to that.  So far the weather has been kind in my part of the world, and even though winter has just started, my mind is turning to spring and starting to pot up those first seed trays.

Yet again, thanks to my husband and children, I have had the most wonderful year, filled with love, happiness, new experiences and challenges.  

I'm looking forward to 2012 which is the year that will fulfil my biggest ambitions.........to see my youngest sons' 21 birthday..........and to be watching the Olympics, feeling well and happy...............to be continued.

Anonymous