Christine1's blog

• The day has finally come.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sadly, the jury is in, and the verdict...…..A second dose of Oesophageal Cancer.  This time no chemo or radiotherapy options are available to me.  My consultant has said that there is a very small chance that the GI surgeon will consider me for surgery, but I now have to wait a further week before my appointment to consult with him.  

Now just awaiting a PET Scan and another Gastroscopy test to determine staging,…

• 5 days of anxiety

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My Gastroscopy was done 13 days ago, with 10 biopsies taken.  I have now been recalled to the hospital on 15th October, to 'DISCUSS THE RESULTS'  and 'WHERE WE GO FROM HERE'.   In my experience, two of the worst terms I have ever heard.

I truly hope I am reading to much into this and just being my usual panic stricken bad patient...….

• So Amazing!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ever wanted to kiss another man in front of your husband.   Well...….I could have well and truly snogged my consultant when he gave me the news, but luckily for him,  I just cried with joy.

He said...…. the top diagnostic radiologists have studied my test results, and they agree that, although there are abnormalities, which can only be expected from the Radiotherapy I had 11 years ago,  they are 95% certain…

• What can I say!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just had the news today.   It's back.   I have secondary Oesophageal Cancer in my Oesophagus and stomach.

Don't know the full extent of it yet, and won't know until Monday 10th when I have to see my consultant to discuss my next step, and if there is any further treatment I can have to keep me going a little longer.

Had the worse day possible, having to tell all my lovely work customers that I am closing down…

• Oh NO!!!! Back on the wagon train.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Feeling so down today.   After 11 glorious years in remission, I think its back.

Waiting for a CT Scan on Thursday 30th August...……….and hoping that I'm just being paranoid...…..