Goodbye 2012 and hello 2013.

1 minute read time.

I'm so glad to be alive, and its 2013!

2012 was a year of such extremes highs and lows.  I loved the Olympics and paras, saw my youngest turn 21.  hated the weather, semi liked my holidays this year, and fell to an all time low when my dear mum died in September, did a lot of comfort eating and am now 2 stone overweight.     Time to pick myself up, dust myself off and make the most of the wonderful life that God has given me.  No more sitting around and moping or feeling sorry for myself.  Its 2013 and I am being given a chance to see another spring, summer, autumn and winter.  

Its my darling husbands 60th at the end of January, so I am taking the family for a week of wintry weather in beautiful Krakow.......to blow the cobwebs of 2012 away, and start 2013 with some fresh air and exercise. (plus more drink and more food....darn! not a good way to start my diet)  Then, at the end of February, hubby and me are off on one of our adventures.  We have decided on Vietnam and Cambodia, and intend to see as much of it as possible.  But before all that, I have my oncology check up on 9th January.......Not that they do much, just prod my tummy a little,(which will prove a little difficult this year, due to the added stack of spare tyres around my waist)  look baffled that I am still alive, then say, 'see you next year'. but without my 'check-up' I cant get my holiday insurance.

I know its only January and still in the midst of winter, but the daffs have already poked their heads through my lawn, and that is making me yearn for spring.

Wishing everyone on this site peace, harmony, true love and good health.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Beautifully written All the best to you and your husband in 2013 Xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Really glad I read your post, been having a bit of a maudlin' time, and feeling sorry for myself - Your story is so much like mine, in that we are of similar age, my wonderful Dave & I (I'm 59, he is just 62); and we have plans to go on a long haul holiday; however I am due to start treatment for follicular non Hodgkin's lymphoma in Feb, and my consultant has said it will be very difficult to arrange insurance as it is for America - we plan to go to California, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, and try to fit in as many of the National parks, which will mean around a month - for my 60th. 

Crestfallen, as Dave has already put so much research and planning into it for 6 months or more. Still, there is always hope!!

Vietnam is on our 'bucket list' too, God willing..so it gives me the push I need not to give up hope.  Thanks again, and I wish you and yours a wonderful 2013!! xx