chansey's thoughts

• christmas day....and beyond...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I did enjoy the day, very quiet.. watching TV, I'm usually running around like a headless chicken all day.....

My mum cooked...she made far too much...but it was finished off yesterday....!!

I had a glass of wine...but then my dad asked if it was 'upsetting my tummy'...''dad. I'm 47''.

I had a bit of a cry in the afternoon...but they saw me and sat round me and all that....didn't really…

• New wheelchair

FormerMember
    FormerMember

As you can see in my photo...I like running...did the race for life just 6 months ago....
    I got a call this morning from disability to say they are delivering my wheelchair on Friday...there's no way I'm letting my sons shove me through asda christmas shopping...it will be a massacre..!!

I went to Preston yesterday..have been booked in for the steroetactic radiation on 10th January..I have to have 2 scans...a mould…

• What a bloody week it's been........

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I been having some twitching in my legs over the last couple of months.... I honestly thought it was the tumor in my lung pressing on a nerve or something.....but my oncologist arranged for a MRI scan which I had on Monday......course it wasn't the lung tumor.... there's a 2cm lesion on the left side of my brain...which is affecting the right side of my body..!!

And whilst they were having a look around....they…

• I hate mucus.....!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

When my kids were small, smelly nappies and baby sick never bothered me....

There was only one thing that made me cringe.....runny noses.....you know the ones I mean so I won't go into detail....!!

I had a call from hospital today...I have an appointment to go in next week when they are going to remove a sample of fluid from my lung...I didn't dare ask which route they would be taking to do this..

I only hope…

• '' On the road again ''

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I haven't written in here for a while...been in remission for a year, and quite an eventful one it was....

I went into remission in sept 2010... a month later my husband ( who did not cope well at all with my breast cancer ) left home...then my dog died a week after that.....then my son broke his collar bone....

I ran in the Race for Life in June this year...a month later began coughing and wheezing...over the course…