chansey's thoughts

• Hints and tips for the singleton on chemo.....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

You wake up from your snooze....thirsty, peckish, and you need the loo....badly!!...

a few hints to make life a liitle bit easier...

A) lightweight kitchen trolley....these are a godsend, you can put all your stuff on....and only one journey from kitchen to setee... i got mine free from Nhs mobility because i also use it as a walking aid, so have a word with your district nurse...

things to put on your trolley....…

• with noodles in my head, and nodules in my lungs....the road continues...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

saw Dr Hogg at Burnley yesterday.....the lung biopsy showed that it is my breast cancer that has spread..

starting chemo on Friday...they are tablets called..capecitabine and vinorelbine...I haven't had this type of chemo...and i may not lose my hair..so that will be nice...

what won't be nice...I've had the lung drain in a few weeks now and the stitches are out...it's comfy and easy to drain....may now have to…

• crushed red velvet and steroids..............

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I made a start on my ball gown yesterday............using a old simplicity dress pattern I had from school...I rarely throw anything to do with sewing away..I'm the proud owner of the family 'button tin'..and always put in those buttons you get dangling from you new blouses....

I'm a haberdashery addict....saving the ribbon you get wrapped around tea towels...and the little bits that come with other gifts…

• teenagers, early mornings and bad moods......

FormerMember
    FormerMember

it's been a week since my radio therapy and Ms tiredness is paying a visit.....I've been sleeping probably about 12 hours of the day....

i don't mind because there's something about the power of sleep and healing....

But, at the moment I've still been getting up and dressed in the morning.....and if I can..I'm sure son number 2 can make the effort...

So I wake him at 6.30...have my brekkie,…

• no matter how small..a bit of good news is always nice......

FormerMember
    FormerMember

district nurse came today to drain my lung......so tomorrow should be a good breathing day....

it's 5 days since the radiostactic  radiation therapy I had and she said that my head will be most swelled up now and should start to ease off soon...

my forehead is looking a bit 'tanned' as well......

but...good news....apparently when i start chemo for my lung....it may heal up the gap in it a bit and i might…