chansey's thoughts

• my head was really angry yesterday..............

FormerMember
    FormerMember

All bloody day...it was shouting and in a really bad mood..........

and everyone was round as well...macmillan nurse...district nurse.....shopping delivery....mum and dad.......uncle Tom cobbly and all.............!!

My lads came and sat with me last night with a brew....for the first time in months I asked them to leave me sat alone for a bit.....i really didn't want to say stuff i didn't mean....cos it was all there…

• the brain tumor...should now be just a shrivelling up little sultana........

FormerMember
    FormerMember

everything went so well yesterday....

The staff at rosemere were the best...they kept me informed and relaxed through it all...

MRI at 8am.....then  measured up and a face mould and cushion  made.....it really was like having a facial.

went home for a couple of hours...soon as i got back the staff were there to tell me what happens next....

4pm they started......the mask was a bit tight to start with but after breathing…

• Finally...some time to just sit and think..about myself....(for a change)............

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm having stereotactic radiation therapy tomorrow.....to blast the brain tumour...

I've read up about the actual procedure and possible side effects....but what i haven't really had chance to think about...( and definately not  talk about) is that I'm scared....and worried....

I keep seeing pictures of '' one flew over the cuckoo's nest''...............!

I'll be glad to get rid of…

• are mum's always insane...or have I only just noticed....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm 47...a single independant woman with two grown up sons......I also have cancer.....

I can't drive at the moment so mum and dad assist me.....yesterday I got my permanent lung drain put in.....

mum spoke for me at the hospital.....she started to give them my old name now...my maiden name....

i was filing my nails while waiting....she told me to stop or they would break........

she rings my doctor and district…

• might have a little cry today.....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Which is not a good idea at the moment...cos if I cry, I can't breathe also....!! bloody lungs...

Just a couple more days and I get the permanent drain in....so hopefully, that taste from hell in my mouth wll go......and i can start eating normal again.

weighed myself yesterday and i'm just about holding onto 7 stone...so not bad I suppose.

Little and often seems to be the way to do it, I have those fortisip…