Carrot Tops Blog:

• Don't know if I am getting better, just feel worse now.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

For those who know me, since finishing my Cancer treatments, I have had Chest Infection which I thought was getting clear, but still left with a bad cough and wrenching to the point of vomiting. I feel so, so tired, totally drained and weak and just feel things are not getting any better. Don't know if it is getting rid of all the chemicals in my body, getting used to new medications also as well as overcoming the heavy…

• Just how many words?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

As with most nights, lying in bed, unable to get off to sleep even though very tired: My eyes clocked onto the "Get Well Soon" card that was put on top of my wardrobe and from my youngest daughter, her boyfriend and 2 wee granchildren. It seemed to be jumping out at me for some unknown reason as no matter how hard I tried to fall asleep, the card kept coming back to my mind. OK I thought, lets focus!!!! 

I started…

• Not too positive today: Letrozole side efffects: Feel like a Zombie!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Monday 15th November 2010:  Had to be dragged out of bed as so so tired, bones really painful and feeling sick. Been like this over the weekend. Fed up and really cannot be bothered anymore, just want to sleep, sleep, sleep. Such a struggle getting. Fed up with swallowing problems also, just want to switch off and be left alone under my cosy blanket! So lethargic, don't want to eat, jus give me cool juice or…

• Genetics:Family History.... Step families and full blood families: Doing something positive!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2010; I had no history of any family member having this. So the treatment programme of FEC Chemotherapy to reduce the 9 x 7.5 tumour was to go ahead, followed by surgery (full mastectomy on the left breast) then radiotherapy, followed by reconstruction.

As we informed the family, still no history. Then out of the blue I was informed that there were 3 of my aunts…

• Radiotherapy Simulater, Femara, (Letrazole) and update.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thursday 28th October 2010: I have been feeling pretty crap over the last few days, been to doctor got urine sample, swab taken re catheter infection? Was up last night being sick and doctor took a series of bloods this morning as I am extremely pale, feeling feverish etc. The hubby and me had to go onto a further appointment of which took up all my strength to get there. When I got into Radiotherapy dept, …