Carrot Tops Blog:

• Time to come out of hibernation, but such a effort

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:09 PM

Thanks for taking the time to contact me.

I have had some good news…

• Genetics and Facts about Brac 1 and Brac 2

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ok Education time folks: Genetics = Brac Genes are actually a protector against Cancer. You are born with a pair of these genes, which compliment each other in defending the body. Genes are made up of many codes. I was born with a missing part of a code, which eventually stopped the Brac2 regenerating and protecting me.

The fault/missing code of the Gene does not skip generations and there is a 50/50…

• Now the gear moves up one!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thursday 13th Jan 2011: Appointment with my Professor went very well yesterday. Clearance margins on Mastectomy were: 5cm at the back, 2.5cm at the side and 0.5cm at the front. Wow it was a deep one. He is very pleased and now I need to put on more weight, do more excersise, not to strenous but more weight bearing i.e. walking recommended only, not excersise bike etc. Assured me I am doing well and have…

• BRAC 2 CONFIRMED

FormerMember
    FormerMember

FRIDAY 7TH JANUARY 2010: Genetics confirmed Brac 2

I knew result would be coming, while hoping they would find nothing and that it would mean I may get out of having to have Hysterectomy/Ovaries removed after my next operation of mastectomy and reconstruction on my side. Still recovering from left side. Yes in a way thanks as now we all know where it had come from and confirmation has done this for me. Appointment…

• Mmmm A New Year!!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mmmm A New Year!!! (Update from December 2010)

Well the snow was too terrible to build a snowman, so grandkids came up and went sledging with their grandad instead, got some fantastic photos.....so happy they look. 

Regarding me, well nothing untoward with the swab culture and bloods, so some good news. Been put on a different antibiotic as Chest Infection still not clearing up ( Doxycycline 1 a day) horrible…