A Big Journey

• 22/08/2013 - 1 Wedding and a...?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So my best friend got engaged. Jelous? Yep. Not the engagement bit, I'm just really jealous that somebody else has something great going on in their life and I don't. I feel like a bitch and rightly so.

I have gratefully accepted my role as Cheif Bridesmaid and despite what I've just said I am genuinely happy for her and her boyfriend and I hope they have a long, happy life together. So I will instead focus on…

• 19/08/13 - Another Shitty Weekend, Another Close Call

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So Saturday night I got a phonecall from my dad. My dad ringing me never results in anything good.

This had happened:

5mph more and he wouldn't have missed that tree. When the car rolled onto it's side it was about 3 foot away from it. You can see just from the tyre tracks alone how lucky he was. He thinks he had a blow out on one of his tyres and before he could say anything to his mate sat next to him, they were…

• 13th August - Human Again

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So I've been feeling a little bit better this week. My mood swings seem to have settled down, my sleeping and eating have pretty much returned to normal and I can think straight.

One thing that hasn't changed though is that I'm still not enjoying people's company very much and I've been keeping my friends at arms length - kinda cutting ties with people. I know I shouldn't do this, I know I'll live to regret it, but…

• The Black Dog

FormerMember
    FormerMember

One thing I do think is important for me to mention here is my history of depression. I just want to let people know on here who read my blog that I had depression for nearly 9 years and I know all my signs. I know when I'm about to fall and I know when I need to get help before I cant get back up again.

I very often get people worrying about me when I have periods like this, where I'm not sleeping/eating etc. Unfortunately…

• 09th August - What Day is it Again?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I''ve had a very strange couple of days.

On Wednesday evening after work I went to see my mum and it's probably the first time I've seen her 'down' in a long time. I know she was trying really hard to be enthusiastic and chatty and pleased to see her daughter, but I could tell deep down she was tired, in discomfort and probably just wanted to be alone. I was only there for an hour or so and it was…