Anxious waiting for results

• 12 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hi I'm Louise and I'm new to the group. I have been diagnosed with womb cancer recently and I am waiting for results of a CT scan I had almost 2 weeks ago. I've been told I need a full hysterectomy and maybe treatment afterwards it depends what stage the cancer is. The longer I'm waiting for the results the more anxious I'm getting. Help I feel I need some reassurance to get through this next stage. I should have my results tomorrow and will post again wheni do. I'm glad I can speak on this forum my partner is being supportive but doesn't really want to talk about what's going on.

• The waiting is the worst part. I try to keep my mind occupied but it's not easy. Try to listen to a relaxation recording. Have you been given a MacMillan nurse? Speak to them about any of your worries.  
    • Hope you have good news tomorrow.  Sending you hugs. X X
  • Hi Louise

I was in the same boat as you a couple of days ago, I had my CT scan on 15th and I got my results on Wednesday but that week I was waiting my anxiety was through the roof.  I know it’s easier said than done but try to do things to take your mind off it, I started watching wentworth prison from the start as never watched it or I read or went for walks.  I hope your results come back ok for you, I was relieved when I got mine which was grade 3 stage 1 to 2 so just waiting for my operation date.  The women on here are all lovely and will be able to offer some advice, they helped me a lot when I needed it x 

• Hi Louise 74, I dont come on this site as often as i used to but could see no one had answered your posting and i dont like to see posts by people left unanswered. I dont have your type of cancer but can fully understand how anxious this time is for you.Its all so scary and you dont know where to turn.We have all been where you are at some time with our cancer experiances, and some of us more than once. You have started the journey and this is the worse part. When you have your results and know what treatment is available  you will feel more in control.Its the not knowing that is worse. There are lots of treatments for you to try. When you have a plan and know whats what you will feel much better. Please dont go on google its outdated and just worries people.All the best for tomorrow, take care and keep calm xx

• Hi and a warm welcome to our spot in the Online Community. All of us agree that the wait for results are anxious times, we've all been there so know exactly where you're coming from. You'll get lots of support and reassurance from the ladies here. It can be also very hard for partners to offer the help you need as they themselves don't really know how to address the situation. My own hubby of over 40 years basically ignored the situation and said "It is what it is"  not really helpful for me climbing the walls! The ladies here helped me get through it.

A cancer diagnosis brings all sorts of stress and fears and if anyone can hold your hand and reassure you we will. We're all at the start, in the middle or the end of what can only be described as a roller-coaster ride. The ride no-one wants to get on.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. If you’re not sure what to write, just click on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you. Come back when you've got your scan results or before if you want to chat.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer. I found it invaluable on my journey. 

Click on the link I’ve created to find out more information covering diagnosis and treatments for Womb cancer.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

BTW , no posts here goes unanswered so I don't really understand your comment? B x

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Louise 74,

I'm an old hand at waiting for results and several times googled information before getting them.
    I just received my latest test results yesterday, I was told that despite best efforts the chemotherapy hasn't worked as well as the oncology team would have liked and my tumours are getting bigger. However they are not giving up on me yet... there are other treatments available such as radiotherapy or different type of chemo. I've had brachytherapy as a back up treatment to my hysterectomy then last year I had carboplatin and  paclitaxel. This year due to a further recurrence I've been having liposomal doxorubicin..  its a bit rubbish to say the least but whatever results you get please stay strong. You can do this. I've been fighting since 2017 and intend to keep doing so. Best wishes.x 

• Hi Bubble59 thanks for your reply. The scan results were good, the cancer hasn't spread further than the womb, I've been told it's grade 2 but don't know what stage that is. So I just have to undergo a full hysterectomy on the 21st Oct. It is a big relief and I'm so glad I joined this forum, its good to talk to people who are going through the same thing

• Hi Rach I read your post and thought that you were at the same stage as me, that's what made me want to post something the CT scan came back with good results it hasn't spread, so we are all relieved. My family especially my sister have been great and I know I can chat to you ladies anytime too

• Hi If your cancer is contained in the womb it is stage 1A. If it's penetrated the muscle by more than 50% it's stage 1B.

If you haven't already have a look at what to take in your overnight bag, it's quite useful.

Sending hugs, Barb x

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi I'm sorry to read your recent test results weren't what you were hoping for but I'm glad you're still positive and fighting all the way. Good for you! There's always advances happening in medical science so hopefully one day cancer will be obliterated.

I was lucky and got away with just 3 sessions of brachytherapy but 10 months on have some unexpected twinges and problems which Ill be bringing up with my Oncologist next month. 

Stay strong, big hugs, Barb x

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

• I had that same thing just after my hysterectomy 4 years ago. I found it very embarrassing Flushed. Being laid on a bed with strange things inside you isn't an experience I would recommend...