Finished treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 85 subscribers

Hello!

I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer last October (stage 1a g1 endometrioid adenocarcinoma). Following my hysterectomy, I was told that they had also found cervical cancer (1b1 squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix).

As they hadn't expected the cervical cancer, they didn't remove all of the structures that they would have done.

I've had 5 weeks of radiotherapy, once a day mon to fri.

Has anyone had the same diagnosis? 

Thanks in advance,

VioletBlue

• Hi  and a warm welcome to our corner of the Online Community. Normally stage 1 grade 1 Endometrial Cancer doesn't require more treatment so your 5 weeks of radiotherapy would be for the unexpected Cervical cancer diagnosis I assume.

Whilst you're waiting to see if any ladies here reply concerning the same diagnosis, it might be a good idea to also join the Cervical cancer group and post the same question.

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time and if you're not sure what you should write have a quick look at mine by clicking on my username.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett