Test results

• 9 replies
  • 88 subscribers

Hi, I'm new here. 

Am awaiting an MRI after seeing a consultant. Wondering how long the results usually take as didn't think to ask at the time and am now feeling quite anxious.

• Hi there hope you are ok it really is a anxious rollercoaster I was seen by my consultant on the Monday and had the mri that Wednesday due to a cancellation.my cns did explain mri Is usually a week or two after first meeting hope this helps xxx

• Thank you for your reply. I don't think I thought about cancer as a possibility until yesterday. My consultant didn't really say a lot other than showing me the screen and saying about the bleeding. I just put it down to my usual problems as I have had problems with my periods since l first started. xxx

• Fingers crossed it isn’t have they not done a biopsy? Also how old are you cx

• I am 56. The consultant said when she was looking at my womb that I may feel a tug, don't know if she was doing a biopsy as she didn't say. Didn't see her with any thing. 

• Hi Amycdi  and welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. Here you'll find a lovely group of supportive ladies who have all been exactly where you are right now. A possibility of cancer diagnosis brings all sorts of stress and fears and if anyone can hold your hand and reassure you we will. We're all at the start, in the middle or the end of what can only be described as a roller-coaster ride. The ride no-one wanted to get on.

The NHS seem to be able to get things moving despite the pandemic so sometimes you'll get a letter, others a phone call so I can understand that you're anxious. We all agree here, the worst thing is the waiting between tests, results, consultations and getting things done. I've also found take a notebook as I think of all my unanswered questions as I get back to the car!

I'm assuming they've hinted at endometrial cancer as you've joined this forum so it might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer I found it invaluable in my journey. 

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around.

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time and if you're not sure what you should write have a quick look at mine by clicking on my username.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thank you for your reply. Glad to hear things are going well for you and congratulations on becoming a community champion. I have now put some info on my profile. 

Wishing you all the very best xx

• Hi Amy, Sorry to see you here.

i started my menopause when I was about 47. I missed a period and thought I was pregnant. I was tested and told it was an early menopause. I then had heavy periods or no periods until I completely finished when I was 54. I thought I was never going to!!! I never knew where I was, and refused HRT due to lots of problems with hormones after 2 miscarriages. 

The tugging you describe was not unlike my biopsy. I could feel him snipping bits off!!! 

Whatever the cause you are best to get checked out. If it is cancer the sooner its found, the better. Good luck xxx

• Hi there, thanks for replying to me. I have been told I have an MRI week after next so hopefully won't have to wait too long for results.  All the best to you xx

• Spoke to my consultant yesterday and she said they could not do a biopsy. Apparently didn't do one in 2017 either just a scan to check thickness of my womb lining as I have 2 wombs and they couldn't do it with my anatomy.  (I was under GA at the time)