Just diagnosed on 4th January

• 18 replies
  • 89 subscribers

Hi, just wondering if anyone that has been recently diagnosed with endometrial cancer wants to get in touch. I was diagnosed on 4th January and had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy on 25th January and am now awaiting my histology results, it would be great to talk to someone who can relate to and understand exactly what it feels like to go through this. 

• Hi CGed19  I’m sorry that you had to find yourself here but like to offer you a warm welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. Here you will find a lovely group of supportive members who’ve all made the same rollercoaster ride so it’s good to hear that your operation has taken place and your awaiting your histology results.

A cancer diagnosis will bring many questions, lots of confusion and stress but I found being able to talk with other people who are on the same type of journey helped me a lot. The ladies in this group are all hugely supportive and we know exactly how you feel so ask away, we're all here for you.

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time and if you're not sure what you should write have a quick look at mine by clicking on my username.

Big welcoming hugs to you, B xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hello, I was diagnosed in December and after waiting for scans etc I’m now booked in for an abdominal hysterectomy on the 16th. I hope you are recovering well from your operation xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi CGed19 - I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer mid September last year and had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy on 12th October. A couple of months later I began a course of radiotherapy treatment which I finished a couple of weeks' back. Wish you well with your recovery. EveD xx

• Hi EveD, thanks for your reply, what grade and stage was your cancer, and are they now saying that you are clear due to the radiotherapy or have you to go through further treatment, (it’s ok if you don’t want to answer my questions). I have not spoken to anyone who is going through this, I think Covid has prevented me from meeting any other patients etc. 

• Hi Bella H, my hysterectomy went well, so am hoping yours will be just as successful as mine, I know how frightening the waiting for the op is, but wishing you all the best.
  • Hi I am 9 weeks post op my histology report was stage 1a grade 2 no further treatment needed! At 31 was not expecting it wat about u have u any idea of stage grade xxx

• Hi Xxnatalie, glad to hear you don’t have to go through further treatment, I haven’t heard back about my stage or grade yet, do they say you are completely cured or are there symptoms you still have to watch for xx

• Hi no they tell u it has gone and if ur stage one then no further treatment or if u are higher they will tell u wats next. They will also tell u wat to look out for. Good luck how old are u if u don’t mind me asking xx

• Hi, I am 53, I have 2 daughters aged 32 & 29, you are young to have gone through this experience, have you been able to contact anyone of a similar age, I think it must be a different experience for premenopausal women compared to post x

• Yes there is a few people on here who are around my age some younger xxx