Hello and advice please

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 85 subscribers

Hello

my mum had palliative pelvic radiotherapy two weeks ago amd is struggling with the srmtpons, frequent urination, amd urge to go all the time, pain and soreness on the skin  when she wees. The doctors has given antibiotics for urine infection but wondering If any recommendations or anyone who experienced similar and whether it passes. The nurse at MV said they would expect peak of symptoms after about 2/3 weeks? Is this anyone else’s experience . Thank you in advance . Any advice welcome. 

• Hi Vellum   I’d like to offer you a warm welcome to the Online Community.  I am also very sorry to hear about your mum's problems after having palliative pelvic radiotherapy. There's a lovely group of supportive ladies here in the womb-cancer-forum and I'm sure one of them will be able to offer advice.

You could Ask a Nurse , you normally have to wait 2 days for a reply. I myself haven't had that treatment so can't offer and insight. It may be a good idea to repost with a title Painful Urination after Pelvic Radiotherapy?. Then I'm sure you'll get some replies and reassurance.

Sending you supportive hugs, B xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett