Hello again

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 85 subscribers

Hello all,  I posted over a year ago about being diagnosed with womb cancer and happy to say I’ve had the radical hysterectomy, internal and external radiotherapy and lastly 4 cycles of chemotherapy. My scan in November was clear. I’ve now been told I won’t be having any more scans unless I develop any new symptoms. I’m upset as I was originally told I’d have CT scans every 3-4 months for the first year or  two to monitor any signs of recurrence. Has anyone else been told this or am I just upsetting myself for no reason? I went through hell last year and now suddenly being told something different makes me want to cry! Please let me know if you’ve gone through this and what I can do going forward. 

Thanks, Rosie xx

• Hi Rosie

I've only just had my first 3 monthly consult following TLH,BSO & adjuvant Brachytherapy. I did ask my consultant if I'd have regular scans as to my mind, that's the only way things would show up but he did say they don't offer scans as a matter of course.(Unless you're in the USA with medical insurance) He said basically it's up to us to notice any changes and if we do then get back in touch and they'll look into it.

Try not to upset yourselfI  but I know exactly where you're coming from. Nowadays every little ache or unexpected pain sets alarm bells ringing for me but my CNS is terrific if I have any concerns.

Sending you reassuring hugs, Barb xxHugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett