Waiting biopsy results having already had cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 88 subscribers

Hello,

If I explain a little about my background. I’m 30, was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, now in remission. Since Jan 2020 I have been on hormone therapy Zoladex/letrozole and I’ve had abnormal bleeding throughout. In a medical menopause 

Today I had a biopsy and they’re being taken to the MDT next week. Having already been diagnosed with cancer once I’m going out of my mind and wondered if anyone has had a similar experience and am I worrying over nothing?! 

thanks in advance x

• Hello ECE

Welcome to the group, don't think your post is being ignored, it might be no-one has read it just yet hence no answers. 

Hopefully you'll find lots of support on this forum, cancer was a bolt out of the blue to me (I'm 67, no previous problems, just a slight bleed, post menopause) I don't know how I would have coped without the support and friendship of the ladies here.

Sending gentle hugs your way, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MrsBJH

Hi Barb,

Thank you so much for replying, that’s really kind of you xxx

• hi-  ECE so they did biopsy because of the abnormal bleeding correvt? It seems to me that being on hormone therapy would be enough to cause abnormal bleeding and that they are prob just being extra careful?

• Hi   I'm assuming that you have already got your results? I had breast cancer in 2016 and have been taking Letrozole ever since (post menopausal). Biopsies were taken yesterday after a thickening of my womb lining was detected (4mm) and the appearance of 'bruising'. I've been told to wait 2 weeks for the results although I'll be contacting the Breast Care Nurses on Monday to let them know.

I hope you are well.

Kind regards

Gertie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to giglingertie

Hi how long did you have to wait until your saw the gyno for the biopsy please? 

• Hi! I was at a 'one stop' clinic so I went straight from the ultrasound to the biopsy (hysteroscopy).

• Hi Gertie, how are you doing? I've got it hysteroscopy on Wednesday. Post menopausal and 3 years into tamoxifen. Been bleeding and 19mm uterine thickness :(