Scared

• 53 replies
  • 65 subscribers

I was diagnosed two weeks ago with endometrial cancer. I had an MRI last week and have just had the results today. It shows that the tumour has filled the uterus but not much invasion into the muscle which is good but they have found a mass on one of my ovaries which looks abnormal. I am beside myself with worry now as to whether this is the cancer that has spread or actually ovarian cancer as well as. Did anyone else have this result from an MRI? 

• Bella H

Try not to overthink things my love.  (Easy to say, impossible to do) The MDT will take the MRI scan results into consideration and any other biopsies, scans when they plan your treatment. The very good thing is not much invasion into the muscle. The tumour itself will go if you have a hysterectomy as will the ovaries. (Normally a hysterectomy is done in conjunction with removing the fallopian tubes and ovaries)

The thing is scans, biopsies reveal a certain amount but the histology on what is removed reveals the full extent if any spread so don't think down that route at this point.

I can't remember if you have/plan to have children but the Consultant will discuss your options in full.

Sending you reassuring hugs, Barb xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi hope you are ok! When is your next appointment with oncologist x

• Hello , welcome to our little corner of the community, i am really sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis, we all know from experience that its a whirlwind of emotions or as someone once said a roll a coaster ride that none of us ever wanted. I would like to mention a word of hope, MRI is great, but it’s when you have the surgery you get the final histology of staging and what is and Isn't i say this as i was originally put in a higher stage then I finally was, lucky yes definitely and I certainly hope that you can have some luck after having such bad luck. Everyone here are super supportive and helpful and try and share our own experiences in order to make you feel less alone. I totally agree with what she has said really sums ever Up really well but I wanted to reach out and say, ask questions both here and when you see your oncologist don’t be afraid to ask or feel that anything is silly believe me it’s likely been asked before so everyone totally gets it, with lots of different stages and treatment with all the ladies here there is a wealth of knowledge and experience, and lots of virtual hugs to go around too.

sending you a gentle bear hug Bear 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Hi Barb, thank you so much. I feel a bit more positive tonight. I really have felt pretty low this afternoon. The MDT is on Thursday so hopefully like you said I should get a plan then. I seem to just go to worst case scenario straight away and really scare myself. Thank you again for responding I can’t tell you how much it helps xx

• Hi Natalie, thank you. I have had a really anxious few hours but seem a bit better now tonight. They are having an MDT meeting on Thursday then I should have an appointment to go in to see them. I absolutely terrify myself with worst case scenario. Thank you so much for responding to me xxx

• Hello thank you so much, I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago that said I had a cyst that was nothing to worry about so them now calling it a mass after the MRI has totally shocked me after my original diagnosis of endometrial cancer. I keep trying to think of the positives that my lymph nodes look ok and it’s not spread far into my uterus. I think like you said I just need to have it taken away and then will know for sure what it all is. Thank you so much for responding to me xxxx

• Fingers crossed it is just a cyst u will no more at your appointment i hope you are ok it’s a really awful situation to be in.once you have your appointment u feel better because you have a plan on what they are going to do it was really helpful to me. Try not to google I no it’s hard i worried myself sick with it. Let me no how u get on sending you love and well wishes xx

• Fingers crossed for you that its just a cyst. Good luck with your appointment on Thursday 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Thank you so much, I can’t begin to tell you how much it helps. I will let you know once I have an appointment to go in xx

• Thank you so much xxxx