Uterine Serous Carcinoma

• 99 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi has anyone on here been diagnosed with this one? I'm terrified as the pathology report states high grade and the surgeon is away for 2 weeks but they assure me the scan reveals its not spread outside the womb? Is 2 - 3 weeks critical in having the hysterectomy? I feel like it must be as prognosis is poor for this type of cancer. Seeing the surgeon this morning, I'm a wreck, stomach upset don't want to eat but know I should. 

• TLH Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy - Keyhole Hysterectomy - removal of Uterus & Cervix

Bilateral Salpingo Oophorectomy - removal of fallopian tubes and ovaries

Omentectomy removal of fatty tissue containing some lymph nodes.

Can honestly say I'm not in any pain, just minor discomfort. I had morphine as well as epidural for the pain which was brilliant. Now just on paracetamol, ibuprofen and morphine capsule twice daily. I have oral morphine if needed but haven't touched it.

Hope this helps. As I said my hubby isn't very supportive and instead of smothering me with love and care, he's just said he's fed up of hearing about my op!

Lov'n'hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• I too have stenosis of vagina and cervix so they tried first without GA but the neck of the womb was too small so I had to wait 2 weeks for a general. I should be pleased at the speed because my bleed started 23rd July and I'm getting the op 7th OctBlush. I'm 61 Unbelievable that the secretary told you that! I bet it was a shock. I'm glad you got sorted. I've finally got my partner to agree self isolating and spelled out what that meansSweat smile xx

• Glad you have a supportive partner now , yes one wonders why some have difficulties understanding why its important to isolate. We are in a local lockdown area not that its stopping most folks which really angers me, too many people with cancer and other serious health issues being forgotten, which is why I get so very happy to hear tales like , its great to hear the wonderful care received during these difficult times it fills everyone with hope, hope being so important in life. There is good people out there and some are very understanding and do everything they can. Although sorry to hear Mrsbjh that your husband isn't very supportive Disappointed

I am currently isolating because fingers crossed my Dad is going for an operation tomorrow which already been cancelled twice so until he actually goes in to theatre its a big unknown. He had to have a covid-19 test yesterday. Oh what a nightmare that was . I am the navigator when we drive somewhere we aren't sure of, what do I put myself in for?. Yesterday we were stuck on the m62 motorway in a traffic jam because they had to close it due to a crane fire and it took us two and a half hours to do a journey that should be approx 25mins, I was major pulling my hair out as I was getting desperate for the toilet. Never been so happy to go to a hospital before. 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Aw Barb, unless some people have experienced pain or an operation they can't seem to empathise, poor you it must be hard sometimes. Great they gave you morphine as some hospitals won't entertain it Kissing heartst op but maybe with cancer patients it's different. They can't do mine through keyhole but I didn't ask why. It will be a vertical cut, I'm sure he said for me just samples of lymph nodes and OmentKissing heartGuess there is no point in asking him to peel you a grape? Don't do too much too soon. Love N hugs to you xxKissing heart god know why emoticons crop up everywhere on my posts! 

• Morning PicNik

The only grape he'd peel would be opening a bottle - not that I could partake!!

Forgot to mention my initial bleed was 21st May so from then to op nearly 4 months - delay mostly due to my having to have biopsy via anaesthetic, 14 day self isolating before as done in green hospital. Covid also played a part in that obviously - So your wait has been pretty short which is brilliant!

I'm feeling stronger bodily today but weaker emotionally, think my 40 year marriage is teetering on the brink, to my mind no longer worth saving. I'm in a coercive relationship and I can now add his jealousy of me receiving McMillan messages to the list! I need his loving support, not begrudging offers. (Dogs get all the love around here!)

Just been looking at properties, perhaps time to make a new start! 2 of my friends, recently widowed, are loving their new found freedom. I don't think I can put up with another 20 (hopefully) years of sulks and silences. Carpe Diem say I.

Take, care, big hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Oh blimey what a nightmare journey to hospital. I really hope your Dad gets his op this time. It must be so stressful having it cancelled once let alone twice. I'll pray for himPray sending healing thoughts and love to you both xx

• Oh bless you Barb, what a situation for you. I've been in one of those relationships in the past and it's not healthy but you get yourself strong and take refuge in the support here in this group soTwo heartshat you can get well and strong before any major upheaval. Remember there are helplines for abusive relationships too, even if it is only mental abuse. Also I think you can chat to helpers on here aTwo heartsafter an op like this it can mess with our emotions. GBear is a champion and there is a number under her message on this thread. I'm all ears if you just want to rant, cry or sound offTwo hearts sending you love and care xxx

• My goodness really, i cant believe what i am hearing , Barb. I do think sometimes its only when you have gone through surgery that you truly understand the limitations it can cause, but the emotional pain too especially when dealing with a cancer diagnosis, definitely don’t suffer in silence, like said you can call the helpline and they can give you local support and services for you. A reason that I wanted the signatures back on our posts, I have the Macmillan helpline number there so its easy to see because sometimes its easier for someone to see it and call rather  then being told sort of speak. Your recovery is priority right now but there is always support out there to help in a situation like your experiencing. 40 years is a great length of time of marriage but it must be right for you both so I understand what your saying. 

Gentle hugs your way

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Thank you , Joy it really was a nightmare, but we got good news that the covid test was negative so one less pitfall to over come now its up to what happens tomorrow. He gets picked up around 6am blimey don’t think I know what sleep is today, been awake since 3am bad night, bad news and i am over tired and wide awake now. I like art it helps calm my mind i am doing a portrait for a friend, a commission I suppose but it was good to be asked to do, i hope i can do them justice.