Uterine Serous Carcinoma

• 99 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi has anyone on here been diagnosed with this one? I'm terrified as the pathology report states high grade and the surgeon is away for 2 weeks but they assure me the scan reveals its not spread outside the womb? Is 2 - 3 weeks critical in having the hysterectomy? I feel like it must be as prognosis is poor for this type of cancer. Seeing the surgeon this morning, I'm a wreck, stomach upset don't want to eat but know I should. 

• No GBear, he didn't say about cancer spreading more at night, it was something I read on the internetRolling eyes xx

• Hi PicNik,

Where ever did you read that ?? Oh my goodness what a load of rubbish, I believe Cancer cells grow just like any other cells regardless of Awake or Asleep time, no wonder you are freaking out a bit (which we all do by the way) so I am guessing you have been on the Internet researching stuff ?? 

The best advise I can give you which I have given to others is STOP ! reading stuff on the internet because a lot of it maybe out of date, may not even apply to you or is just fake stuff, my darling all these things will just make things worse & rob you of your peace of mind !!!!

Please trust the Professionals who you speak to who WILL give you the best care & treatment & look after you as they did with me. As my Surgeon said to me when my husband said I had been on the Internet looking at stuff & I Quote " You Probably know everything about this Womb Cancer now because you have looked it up online" ? & I replied NOT ANYMORE !!! From then on I put my trust in my Medical team & it was the right choice.

Sending Love & Hugs Hugging

We are Stronger than we Know !
  •  Bless youPrayTwo heartsyou I will Stop as of now looking up stuffBicyclist. Thank you again, I had a lovely bike ride today and just going to meditate xx

• Hi PicNik

I'm slightly ahead of you on the same journey. Just got home Sunday evening after TLH, Bilateral Salpingo Oophementomy, Omenectomy etc. Feeling pretty pain free all things considered, just a bit tender.

I've had a chat with my surgeon yesterday. She said histology results could take 2/3 weeks. the results will confirm if I need further treatment. I also have high grade serous. From what I understand high grade serous is more aggressive if undiscovered but if contained within the womb and caught early, as is mine (and sounds like yours is), then removed treatment may be needed to remove any residual bits. She said we'd cross that bridge when we come to it.

At first diagnosos, I was initially calm, then became a total wreck, feeling sick and weepy. I thought this can't be happening to me!  But I'm over the first hurdle.

I confess the constant waiting, not knowing what to think is torture. I take a deep breath , read all these posts from people, strangers who become friends, who have been there, are doing that and will get the t-shirt! 

Get some food down you, you need to be strong. (The hospital food where I was was pretty dire, except for the puds!)

Don't be afraid to message me, lov'n'hugs, Barbxx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Ah , not great Dr Google it can be very scary stuff. At least here its real experience and knowledge gained from that experience and to quote . It really is been there and got the t shirt. Everyone's treatment is individual and its up to your medical team how they treat your cancer they will explain everything and if your not sure ask they are very understanding.

We are here for you any questions, sending a gentle hug

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Dear Barb, thankyou for sharing with me, I hope you are still pain free or relatively so? My op date is now 7th October, so I have a date but I find I am so snappy with my partner and positively parKissing heartoid about hygiene given the Covid where my partner just doesn't think about the implications of being relaxed about mixing, keeping distance etc. So from terror on diagnosis to fear but acceptance, Kissing heartnow find I am angry unless meditating. Did you get any pain, gas or discomfort before your op? Also how long from initial bleed to getting the op? Wishing you a speedy recovery and keep in touch pleKissing hearte with your progress. Love and hugs to you Kissing heartKissing heart

• Thankyou GBear love and hugs to you xxxKissing heart

• Ps what is TLH and Oomphectomy?Thinking

• Tlh is total laparoscopic hysterectomy and oomphectomy is removal of one or both ovaries. Hope that helps 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Hi PicNik

Great, that's not too long a wait. You've got to get through to your partner somehow that you are in a vulnerable place and to protect you, in fact you & your partner should both be self isolating 14 days before the procedure. 

First time I noticed anything was spotting on my undies 2 days after my 67th birthday. Had gone through the menopause without any problems. I had no pain, no wind but a friend said PMB (Post Menopausal Bleeding) must be checked out so I contacted my GP, had a phone consult on 3rd June and she put me on the 2 week wait cancer screen. Because of Covid ultrasound & hysteroscopy not booked on same day. In fact they couldn't do the hysteroscopy as I have a stenosed cervix so had under Anaesthetic and biopsies taken, MRI Scan then CT Scan arranged. 

My consultant was horrified that a medical secretary had told me I had cancer, rather than a doctor. I was only phoning to find out if a telephone consultation could be done if it was just a "have another check in 6 months" type of call.At that point I was told an op. was required - a bit of a shock since I was going to ignore the spotting!

Anyway saw the consultant. My date came through for 17th September 2 months to the day after the biopsies taken so in the scheme of things I'm very happy.

No pain as such, rather mild discomfort, do feel a bit tired as the days goes on, certainly haven't stayed in bed!

Your moods will go up and down, I was originally way too calm then I cried - I'm fine now. 

Going to answer your other question.

Lov'n'hugs Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett