Ilioinguinal Nerve Damage post Orchidectomy

• 1 reply
  • 16 subscribers

Hello Everyone, 

I hope this finds everyone well. I suffered Testicular cancer 6 years ago which was luckily for me easily resolved with orchidectomy of left testicle and one session of chemotherapy and 5 years surveillance. I am relieved to say that everyone has gone to plan and I have been discharged from cancer services.

However throughout this time I have experienced pain in the right hand side of my abdomen which has increased in intensity incrementally to the point it is becoming increasingly debilitating. It has been attributed to have surgery and damage to the above mentioned nerve even though my surgery was on the left and the pain I experience is on the right.

My urologist who performed the operation denied the surgery could be responsible I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and how they have managed the symptoms?

Many Thanks 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"