Help needed from men on here

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hi Guys,

I hope you are all well.

I need some advice from guys on here who have had testicular cancer (TC) if possible Slight smile

I REALLY like this guy and we have arranged to meet for drinks a few times.... but when it comes to it, he doesn't bother.

I've been thinking he is just a waster but yesterday something hit me. We were meant to have drinks again yesterday but again he 'forgot'. I was relieved secretly (again) as i have progressive MS and this affects my confidence with intimacy. I dread the day i seize up and spasm in the bedroom lol. Anyway while thinking this, it occurred to me, he might also have hang ups and i hadn't considered this. 

Around 2 years ago he has TC. I don't know which type he had, but i know it spread outside of the testicle and he had his lymph nodes removed. I never asked of course, but i've always assumed TC cancer always results in removal of the affected testicle. So i assumed he had that, plus scarring from the node removal. Of course this doesn't bother me. But it never occurred to me til yesterday it might bother him.

At the time of his cancer he was with a long term partner. Although from what i can tell, it was a failing relationship with little intimacy. They are not together now and from what i can tell, he hasn't been intimate since the break up.

I am now starting to question if it's that. Am i right to assume he would have had the testicle removed? I assume he will also have scarring from the node removal? Men like to put on a front but i know dep down stuff bothers them. Would i be right in thinking this would affect them getting intimate with someone new for the first time?

I don't care about any of that and i fancy him like mad. I just don't know what to do. How do i find out. I don't want to ask and it turns out is isn't that and he just isn't interested. But i don't want to walk away if it's a confidence thing. How do i let him know i don't care about that, without letting him know... incase it isn't that?

Advice from guys who had new intimate partners after surgery would be a particular help. I don't want to assume, offend or upset him.

He tells me how much he fancies me etc and i tell him the same.... then nothing.

Please help Disappointed

• Hi . I just dropped by, I know you want advice from the chaps on here (I'm not a chap!) but by my answering it'll "bump" your post back up to the top of the listings so hopefully someone will be along to answer.

You could ask the confidential advice here Ask a Nurse but you'd need to allow a day or two for and answer and I'm not sure, given the situation, they could or would reply - if you understand. So I hope the chaps here will help.

Sending hugs, Bxx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett