I had my left nut removed.

• 6 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Hello, I’m 34 years old and on the 4th of November 2020, I had my left nut removed.

I’m a night shift worker who loads lorries full of food to various shops and RDC’s. I first noticed the swelling, about mid September. The cancer was growing inside the nut and it was slightly bigger then a plum. Every time I sat down, I sat on it, it felt like I was being kicked between the legs for weeks.

After I’ve had it removed, I’ve felt better, no regrets. It was the right thing to do and I caught it early as it has not spread.

Emotionally, I don’t feel like myself. Knowing only one is down there is unnerving. It has been 12 days since operation. Found a bulge like lump under my scar. Started to worry. Went to the doctors, and he said it’s normal. Got layers of stitches under my scar. Got to wait for swelling to go down.

Thought it was something else. Broke down afterwards. Feeling numb, but putting a smile on. Got to be strong for my wife and kids. My head is all over place when I have nothing to do, so literally keeping myself busy so I don’t think.

I don’t know how to do these type of things, hope what I’ve put is ok. Literally unsure about everything I do at the moment. Hopefully this will pass.

• I had my leftie removed in April with some follow up chemo. My life with one nut is identical to my life with two and has been for months now.  You'll be feeling fine soon I'm sure. 

• Same as Teahupo. I had my left testicle removed in July 20. Physically everything has pretty much returned to normal. Life has returned to normal and sexually everything has returned to normal. Feeling a bit low in energy at times but that's more likely down to my toddler waking at 4am every morning.

Mentally I feel that I've been strong- especially on front of GF and toddler. They need me to be strong.

Times when I'm alone I do find myself asking what could have caused it. No childhood surgery on undecended testicle, no family history, non smoker, seldom drinker, no drugs, healthy lifestyle. When I asked the Oncologist he just shrugged! I'm just putting it down to bad luck! Not sure if it would be easier to have have something to blame though.

It may take time but you'll get there. Its knly been 12 day- give yourself some credit. 

I think we've all had that breakdown moment so you're not alone!

• Thank you for your response. 
    yeah it is still early day, I have been overwhelmed by it all.

Feeling more reassured, thank you

• Hello Vixturan 

I had lefty removed in November 2018, I was 49 at the time. You will find that the operation site will get much better with time, the scar will flatten and get less red and the numbness will improve dramatically. I was back playing rugby two months later , so you will be surprised how quickly you heal, but mate you have just been two weeks since the op , so you need to give it some time. You know your own body so listen to what it says everyone heals differently. You will get use to having just the one , but may pick up a few new nick names, if you’re mates are anything like mine !!
    Your feelings are perfectly normally, you have been through a huge rollercoaster of a ride, and have been in fight/survival  mode for so long, and only now have you just got the time to analyse what you been through. I found this site very helpful as there is loads of experience on here, so definitely use it.

Give it time you will get through this 

All the best

KOR