Weeks left and struggling

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Not been here for awhile but need to reach out.

Last year my husband found out he had tc which had spread to his bones and lymphs. He only went for one session of chemo. Fast forward to now and he only has weeks.

The last week has been full on. From the bed arriving, to carers coming in to new medication. Hubby is telling everyone he's getting better and will be up and walking next week. I'm finding it difficult today.

• Hi Evie

This sounds like an awful time for you and I'm sorry there is no practical help I can offer. I'm sure you'll find the strength to get through this.  I think you should tell people the truth for both of your sakes.

Wishing the best for you.

G

• Oh Evie. I’m so so sorry to read this. 
    You have been on my mind often and I wondered how you guys were doing. 

I know there are no words that will make this time better. Just know that I am thinking of you and praying.

Do you have people to support you? You have been so brave. What a lot to deal with. 

Wish with all my heart you didn’t have to go through this.

take care and keep in touch. Here to vent/ whatever you need..

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Spirited

Hi Spirited

It has been a rollercoaster the last couple of weeks. Hubby refused all sorts of help and support. However eventually he agreed. He is still at home but it is getting harder to care for him now and we will need to go against his wishes and move him to the hospice.

My heart breaks seeing him in so much pain and he gets confused alot now

Evie

• Hi Evie 

there are no words.  I’d just like you to know I’m thinking of you and your family.

take care

dan

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Evie,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish you much strength for what is to come.  Do reach out here if you'd like to talk.

I haven't commented on your posts before but have followed with interest as my boyfriend has/had testicular cancer and made comments more than once that he will not have any more treatment.  Your post many months ago stayed with me.

Cattrap