Driving

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hello, 

I am starting 2xBEP on Monday over a 6 week period and I was wondering what people’s experiences with driving is?

I contacted my insurance company to see if they could give some guidance and to ensure my insurance would cover me during this period. They told me they go by DVLA guidelines and so if DVLA see me fit to drive then my insurance policy would be valid. 

DVLA’s guidance seems very vague on the matter and they have a C1 form (which says I will get an answer within 6 weeks). However, it seems to be more about them amending your licence permanently rather than a temporary guidance during treatment. 

Thank you,

Martin

• Hi Martin

I haven't been in this situation myself but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I've found this information on the Cancer Research website about cancer and driving and if you scroll to the bottom of the page it gives you a phone number for the Drivers Medical Enquiries department. They're open this morning so you could catch them before your treatment starts on Monday.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi Latchbrook,

Thank you for your reply. 

I called the DVLA who confirmed that I  can drive in like with doctor guidance. No further information is required but they did say it is good to call them as my call is then logged and they are sending a letter out as well. Gives peace of mind that if I follow doctors guidelines that I will be covered by my insurance company. My insurance company were very vague about whether or not I would be covered and only said they go by DVLA guidelines. 

Hope this post may help others. 

• Thanks for letting me know what happened when you called the DVLA . I'm sure it'll come in useful for others in future.

All the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"