Lump

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi everybody I found a lump in my left testicle and have all the signs of having cancer I've got my scan on the 23rd of this month and worried sick on what's going to happen I have a wife and small family and dont want to worry my wife as she stresses at the slightest thing I feel so alone as I have nobody to talk to.

Anybody in the same boat as myself

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Basilbubbs, 

Sorry to hear that you feel so alone. 

I am not too far ahead of you in terms of my own journey and I am currently waiting for a date for my orchidectomy. 

I think the stats say that 4 out of 100 people who present with lumps will be cancer so it may not be cancer. However, if it is then it is one of the most treatable and curable types of cancer so that has given me some comfort. 

Like you, I have a wife and young family and so I didn’t want to worry any of them. However, I wasn't sleeping and I was also worried sick and anxious constantly. With hindsight I think keeping it to myself didn’t help in terms of being worried and feeling like I was keeping a secret. Anyway, I found myself reading the Macmillan, NHS and BAUS information. Once I read these (several times) and took the comfort around it being such a treatable cancer that I decided to open up. To my surprise (just being honest) my wife has been amazing and she then encouraged me to open up to my mother and siblings (we lost my father to cancer so the ‘C’ word is alway said with fear). Once I opened up it was a complete relief and now I am focussed on moving forward. 

I wish you all the best. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Cheers for the reply the reason why I'm so worried is my best friend died from testicular cancer due to his doctor saying it was a cyst.

I know mine isnt a cyst as I already have them on both testicles due to me having the op so I couldn't have anymore children.

I think my problem is I feel embarrassed to tell anybody that's why I've kept it to myself 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Basilbubbs

I got testicular cancer last year in November and lost my right one, got one dose of chemo and have been fine since and am back to normal as I was before my op.

It may not be testicular cancer and just something wrong with your testicular that can be fixed easy with medication.

All the best on 23rd for your scan and they will take blood a lot that you’ll think your doctor is a vampire, but yeah this normal.
    Don’t feel embarrassed to talk about it and for the survive rate it’s like 98%

Feel free to message me with anything you wish to ask, I was the same as you “Embarrassed to tell anyone” I wear my oddballs hat with pride and I’m called wanbaw  “one ball” in Glasgow talk and I’ve been there and know how crazy your mind works.

Never think your alone as you have the many on here and You can also call Macmillan Cancer Support on 0808 808 0000 open from 8am to 8pm 7 days

All the best

• FormerMember

Thanks for getting back to me makes me feel a bit better.

Can I just ask you when you found your lump how big was it as mine at the moment is the size of a grain of rice and hard since I found it a few weeks bk now its grown there is no pain from it but I have a constant dull ache and a dragging feeling.the doctor hasnt arrange for me to have any bloods yet.i glad you are back to normal.

• FormerMember

Cheers buddie glad your back to normal now how big was your lump when you found it 

• FormerMember

In mid July last year I saw that I had a small lumps which was about the size of 1 0r 2 millimetres.
    I was Embarrassed about it and never told anyone and it got bigger and by Oct I went to the doctor as it was now like 5 millimetres in size now.
    Doctor thought it may be infection and gave me tablets also booked me in for scan at hospital three weeks after I first saw him. – grew some size in this time, went and got my scan and I got emergency op to remove my right testicle the next day.
    it ended up being like 4 centimetres in size it went from nothing to like golf ball.

Our testicules do get lumps and dumps now again, it’s normal and can mean nothing and you’ve put yourself through hell for nothing.
    I had no pain more very uncomfortable in ways or like what you said.

• FormerMember

I know I should read up on things off the internet but after all the reads and forums everything point to cancer as I have most of the symptoms hopefully if it is I have acted on my find early I will keep you updated on my outcome 

• FormerMember

Hi Basilbubbs.  The other guys have given you some great advice already.  I appreciate its very early days but just want to reassure you the TC is one of THE most treatable cancers out there.  I hThumbsup tone1urgery and chemo in 2016 and now live an active life with my wife and little girl.  Fingers crossed for you buddy and just ask if there’s anything on your mind.  You’re not alone.

Another proud oddballSmiley

• FormerMember

Cheers buddie