18 months on

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

Hi Everyone

i was given the all clear with Stage 1 seminoma April 2018 and have been on surveillance ever since. Touch wood all scans, x rays and bloods have been clear to this point.

i had my last set of CT scans and bloods done Sept 19th. 

However today I have had a missed call from St James Leeds Oncology department which doesn’t accept returned calls. They have never rung me before and now I am worried sick they have found something. The cancer was non aggressive, hadn’t spread and was removed with the testicle. Is it likely anything will have been found?

All those old feelings of dread returned today in full effect.

Any reassurance would be massive right now! 

• Hello

This is a tough one as they could be ringing for many reasons. Blood results are checked within 48 hours of taking them and CT scans are checked quickly so there is quite a gap from when you had your CT and bloods to your phone call. Did they leave a message or try to call you more than once? I think if it was urgent they would keep calling till they got an answer so it may be just a call to give results as it's your last scan. 

I know its worrying when they call as your mind races but at least you can call them tomorrow first thing to get answers and you don't have to wait days or weeks so that's a small blessing. I wish you all the best and please up date us tomorrow. I'm sorry I cant really make you feel better but tomorrow is not that far away. 

Regards