Back Pain after chemo?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Has anyone finished BEPX3 and had lower back pain? My husband finished chemo over 3 weeks ago and he was fine with no lower back pain until now. His ct scan is this week but we are so worried that chemo didn’t work. He has been active doing stuff around the house and cleaning the yard but not sure if he over did it. He is depressed again. Thinking the worse and he thinks it spread more and that chemo didn’t work. 

• Hi violet,

Its unlikely that only 3 weeks after treatment finishing that your husband would feel pain from TC.  In the run up to test results I am fine, fine, fine and then we are waiting outside that room, and my back aches, and it’s back.....and the doctor has given me both sides of it, but the build up is the same, doubts build. 

Our mental game has to be A1 to deal with this part of life.  And you and your husband have done your bit.  Until results day everything is fine, you’ve done the treatment and you are waiting on results, nothing bad can happen until results day.  Then on results day it might just be good news.  But results day comes again next month....we must all be strong.

take care

dan

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Odbball

Thank you Dan! This Thursday we will know for sure.