Enlarged testicle

• 6 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi guys. I am usually in the bladder group, but looking for some wisdom here. My history is that I had bladder cancer 5 years ago and have been clear since. Unfortunately recent tests looks like it has come back. I can deal with that, My new problem is that my left testicle has become really enlarged. I mean really enlarged, about 3 times as big as the right. Not sure how long it has been like this, but now I am aware of it, it concerns me. I saw a GP who examined me. He agreed it was big with no unusual lumps or bumps, but knowing I am due to see a urologist, he palmed me off with antibiotic which have done nothing. Like I say, I am due to see my urologist re my bladder, but just interested if anyone has anything similar. Obviously with having a history of cancer, TC comes to mind even though I am 68. Best wishes. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Rily. I'm sorry to see you have had enough problems with cancer already and now you have a testicular worry. An enlarged testicle can sneak up on you if painless and if you or anyone else hasn't been paying attention for a few weeks. Apart from being much bigger now is it also harder and heavier? Since antibiotics have had no effect the next clear step is getting an ultrasound so I hope your urologist appointment is not too many days away.

Bladder cancer can spread to a testicle but it is very rare. It could be a totally independent new cancer. Though much more commonly found below age 35 it happens at older ages too. I was 57. Or it could be something not as serious. It has to be checked again very soon. Good luck with that.

• Hi rily,

ultrasound required on that testicle I’d say, know for sure then.  Hope your other treatments go well.

TC is not more likely in younger men.  Young men and old men get TC at same rates, it’s that young men don’t get other cancers so frequently.  So TC is most common cancer in young men, but not in older men as they get all other cancers at high rates than young men.  I’m but of pedant with stats.

take care

dan

• Many thanks for that guys. I am due to see a urologist on Wednesday regarding my bladder but will get him to check it out. I will keep you posted, Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi folks. Saw a urologist today re my bladder, which turned out to be fine. He examined me and believes the enlarged testicle may be a fluid build up, whatever that is. Sending me for a scan to be on the safe side. Best wishes.

Community Champion Badge

• Great news rily.  

Dan

• Hi folks. Just an update on my previous posts. Today after a few weeks wait, I had an ultrasound on my big leftie. Turns out it is a fluid build up called a hydrocele. Also a few nodules on my epididymis which I am told are normal and harmless. So nothing serious to worry about. Whether they intend to do anything about it, I have to wait to hear from the urologist. Just one of the joys of getting old. Many thanks for the previous advice. Good luck and best wishes to all in this group. Thanks again.

Community Champion Badge