Folic acid

• 4 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi

Has any of you that were diagnosed with Seminoma, checked the folic acid levels and care to share it?

The numbers are less important, just whether it was on a sufficient level or below that.

Thanks

• Hi mrmr,

might be my misunderstanding, but do you mean alpha feta protein (AFP)?

Im going to assume it is AFP....pure seminomas do not have an impact on AFP levels, but then I think you know that from your question.

what reason do you ask, we might be able to help

take care

dan

• Hi Dan,

Actually I did mean Folic Acid (Folate). Mine was very low (4+) at the time, while sufficiency, based on the medical information, is 7+.

I read this in wikipedia and also in other sources, about folate: Folate is essential for the body to make DNA, RNA, and metabolise amino acids, which are required for cell division.

Because of the location of the cancer and the essence of cancer I couldn't ignore the thought that the 2 are related. I might be wrong though. Thus my question.

Thanks

• Hi mrmr,

everyday is a learning day! I don’t think I’ve had my folic acid levels tested, or if I have made  aware of any results.

it is interesting how it refers to cells dividing, and cancer being fast growing cells....

dan

• If, by any chance, you'll make this test and get results and care to share, please do.

Not sure when/if you were diagnosed and whether the current results are of any indication but maybe, just maybe.