Flying after BEP

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi Everyone Blush

My husband is about to finish his last bleomycin this week and we were hoping to go away next week for a few days while the kids are off, most likely short haul to Spain.  We have spoken to his oncologist about it, who said it should be fine.  

Was just wondering has anyone else gone away or flew straight after finishing treatment? How was it? Is it just a case of if your blood is ok and you feel up to it go for it?

TIA 

• Hi,

no direct experience, but I’d say it’s purely down to if your husband feels up to it.  I can’t thinkbof anything that would stop him being able to fly.

Go and enjoy some sun on Spain ...you have earned it.

dan

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Odbball

Thanks DanBlush

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi TIA,

yes, I did the same with my son. He finished Chemo on 2nd Jan. We flied on 4th Jan, it was about two and half hours flight he was fine. That moment his blood tests reported everything was in the lowest , his onc did not support us but also did not say we should stop. It is a little bit risky due to pressure change, probably easily get hemorrhage in Brian.

So, I would say better take patience till blood work all are fine.

just for you information.

Amy, Ran’ s mom 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks for replying! Hopefully his blood will be back to normal(ish) and the sunshine will do him good Blush