Prothesis tightness

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hello all,

I'm glad I found this community, it was very relieving to read many of the posts here, thank you all for sharing. 

I'm 2 weeks recovering after orchiectomy from a 1A seminoma cancerous tumor in my left testicle. I had a prothesis put in, and chose the surveillance route vs. precautionary chemo or radiation treatment. I'm 29 and otherwise healthy, and so far everything is healing very nicely.

The silicone prothesis (harder and heavier) is twice as large as what was in there, and while it's a better match to the right side I'm kind of concerned that when the scrotum is really contracted it feels almost too tight, some pinching and aching here and there as well, and I don't want anything to tear. I wish I had a size choice in that matter, but hope it becomes more normal after another 2 weeks.

I'm also wondering about after the full month of healing, and if there is any risk in being very active or if I can go back 100% to skateboarding, bmx, and trampoline type activities. 

Thank you.

• Hi mate,

I had a prosthetic and also felt it was too large and heavy. I also sleep on my front meaning it felt like I was laying on a pingpong ball. After 2 weeks it swelled up and gave me sores on my leg where it was rubbing. I ended up having it removed but I have to admit it did look really good the short time I had it in. Apparently it does settle down so give it time but you can easily get it removed if it continues to give you grief. The operation was 15 minutes and it took about a week or so to heal. Hope this helps.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Paul277

Hi Paul277, that sounds more painful than what I'm currently experiencing, thank you for your response.

• Hi Paul,

you mention 15 mins to take it out, did they go in through the scrotum or just next to your thigh and did they go in through the original scar?

Thanks