Prostrate cancer

• 3 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Have recently been informed of Metastatic spread of cancer coming from probably prostrate cancer diagnosed in 2015 or Sigmoid cancer diagnosed January 2021. Treatment is now palliative in form of hormone therapy medicine albiraterone + prednisolone. Have been advised that the prostrate cancer has a prognosis of two years. With this information the colorectal surgeon has advised that surgery is not advised due to COVID and survival rate for me would be 76%. After a pet scan was informed the cancer is spreading in the lymph node system and is reaching the liver and the lungs.

I have recently contacted mcmillan nurses to seek advice for physical and emotional concerns and had my first telephone conversation this morning. As there is no centers open at present she advised that I should make contact with people through the available on line community.

• Hi

Whatever help and advice we can give we will do, a prognosis might have been given, but that does not make it a certainty, no one can predict when that amount of time has been given to you.

How long have have you been on HT ? It can extend life as many on here will agree.

keep positive and safe.

Joe

• I'm sure we can offer advice on may things, but despite Covid, there should still be 'real world' help for physical concerns; do you have contact with your local hospice? Most do outreach stuff, and they are the best where physical issues, such as pain control, fatigue and constipation are concerned.

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• new hormone treatment started January 2021 prior to that was using another hormone treatment called xanti for around 2016 after chemotherapy.