Zoledronic acid

• 4 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Who have experience of this treatment,  what was involved and how often did/ are you receiving it

it was mentioned in my last follow up.  I know I’ll need dental clearance first, what sort of dental issues were troublesome.  Is it best to leave as long as possible or is it preferable to start before any major deterioration 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi I have zoledronic acid at first by a weekly tablet to be taken on the same day same time and to sit or stand straight up for 30 mins. Then last year by infusion which meant bloods had to be done two months before by my GP. The infusion was done in hospital nothing to worry about and just took a morning and part of that was waiting to be seen. The dentist needs to know as no dental work should be done 8weeks before or after that's my personal experience but do check with your doctor or dentist. 

• thank you, how often are you receiving the infusion. Was this a one off or is it regular

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to YoungMan

The infusions for me are once a year the tablets were one every week. Prefer the infusions much easier. It is given through a cannula you wear your normal clothes but loose sleeves an advantage or short sleeves. One lady having a blood  transfusion actually took her lunch certainly a good book doesn't come amiss in case there is no conversation going on and perhaps a drink check with the unit whats acceptable.  You'll be fine .