Prostap

• 10 replies
  • 112 subscribers

With all what's happening does anyone know if I will still get my prostap injection in May. Cheers

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I will phone my G.P. and ask at the beginning of May. I would hope that it goes ahead, it is very important.

• Mine is  early June. It's very important so should go ahead. I'm also due psa first one three months after finishing chemo. I know consultant appointment won't be same but we all have our additional concerns. Some things can be delayed relatively safely, especially given current situation, but hormone injections cannot be delayed until current chaos is under control.

• Mine is due on April 6th and I was going to ring the surgery sometime next week to find out what is happening. Also I had a blood test for my PSA last Tuesday (17th March) and they had staff members checking that I had an appointment and also my temperature before being admitted so I'm hoping a similar routine will be in place. If no one else comes forward before I'll try and remember to let you know how I get on.

Best regards Reg

• Cheers Reg hope all is going well.

•  Yes things going quite well at the moment thanks. Just got back from my GPs after Prostap injection. They were only allowing a limited number in at a time, one other in the waiting room and a temperature check before admission along with hand sanitiser. I would imagine that most are following the same sort of precautions. 

Hope it goes OK for you and continues to do so.

Best regards  Reg

• Hi Madworld1,

I go for my second Prostap injection on the 16th of April at my GP surgery. I live in Scotland so I don`t know if this makes any difference to whether you will receive yours. Hopefully you`ll still get your injection when it`s due. Maybe it just differs from Health Board to Health Board across the UK. I was supposed to start IV chemo about June but that has been cancelled due to this damn virus. I have been told by my oncology nurse that I meet the criteria for oral chemo so here`s hoping I get it.

Good luck with your appointment,  HarleyD.

• Thank you all for your help. I am getting my injection in May so all is good.

• I just had a phone call this afternoon arranging an appointment for my next Prostap 3 injection on Monday. The procedure for getting in to the GP surgery sounds like breaking in to prison!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Yes.  I am sure.  I think I am due a blood test as they have told me on my online prescription form that I have to see the GP before they prescribe more anticoagulants.  I have dropped a letter in asking if we can forego this pleasure until things have lifted slightly.

All the best

Des

• I was in my GP surgery for a blood test. It was like walking into another world! That was after I was checked by a person wearing a full gown, gloves, safety glasses outside the surgery! Good luck on Monday.

Ido4