Da Vinci surgery

• 9 replies
  • 107 subscribers

Hello

has anyone done da vinci surgery ?

What is the experience like and how are the side effects please.

Do you have any comparison to laparoscopic surgery.

Thanks for any help.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello troc ,i had Ralp in July 2019 surgery was very good out next day I have a few side effects, but every body is different .still glad I had the operation, I will take side effects instead of cancer any day wish you well with your journey  chippy63

• Thanks

out in one day is quite amazing!

well done!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Troc

Not my choice to go home next day but they insist

• Thanks,thats great to know .

How long must you keep catheter does it have a bag?

Thanks again

• FormerMember

Hi Troc, my partner had RALP in November 2019. Catheter was in place for 10 days. Had a bag attached for daytime & larger capacity for night time. This was not as bad as it sounds & we went out & about wearing the bag under some  loose fitting trousers without any problems. Swapping to the night time bag was easy & he had no problems with this. 8 weeks on & he does not have any problems with continence at all. Wore light weight pads for a couple of weeks after catheter removal, but is now completely dry again. He has been very good doing his pelvic floor exercises 4 times a day though. Good luck with your journey xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I was out next day to. I had Da Vinci 7 years ago. Smaller Penis. Dry orgasm. Erections and peeing is fine. Less than 0.02 ever since. I was PSA 13 and Gleason 3 +4 raising to 3+5 afer they did analysis on it. 

• Thank you that's very helpful.

I have been in touch with Saarbruecken where they are high volume operators but only problem is op would only be march 3d and I have Gleason 9.

I will try to accelerate.

Saarbruecken is well located for myself.

Thanks for the info and may you also progress well.

• Thank you again.

Information really helps.

Hope you have it beaten for ever.

• FormerMember

Two weeks and a leg bag that was ok