New treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 9 months ago ( was a very sudden unexpected diagnosis)I have a stent , ( which took 6 attempts before they succeeded) I spent 3.5 weeks in hospital, during which I developed pancreatitis, 

I eventually came home had a few weeks off to recover and try and gain some weight, then had a PICC line inserted followed by 10 rounds of chemotherapy ( folforinox) 2 scans during this time showed that the cancer was ‘stable’ but not responding to treatment.

After many side effects and blood problems, I am now about to start a course of ‘ chemo radiotherapy it will be every day ( 5 days a week radiotherapy) and the same time 2 chemotherapy tablets a day , this will be done for 3 weeks and then they will stop treatment and monitor .

has anyone else had this treatment and maybe can give me some information on what to expect? And their experience please? 
thanks

crackerlakin

• Hi

I'm not a member of this group but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

If you haven't already tried this, if you type 'chemo radiotherapy' into the group search bar then it will pull up any previous post on this topic. You could have a read through them and respond to any of the more recent ones if you think the poster can help you further.

If you know the name of the chemo you're having you could type it's name in to the search bar to find people who have had the same treatment.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"