How can the so-called old pancreatic cancer be good?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

I don’t know if I’m a grumpy woman but when my GP refers to my cancer as good type, I want to scream. I have renamed it the poxy moron cancer. Please forgive my spelling. Still so slow but I’m so tired all the time, it’s inoperable, cannot have Chemo, Radio etc.all I have is hospice. Hey keep putting me in the art and crafts section.  Instead keep going to the the local senior club, where I like being with other deaf people. The hospice is difficult for my deafness. The social services keep trying to push me into attending the hospice. But the more they do that, the more I don’t want to go. It should be on my terms. I love going to my local Macmillian centre, it’s in the hospital and he advisor is lovely. Does anyone keep being pressured into going to the hospice?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi JackD

My advice would be to do not do anything you don't want to do.  It's your body, your life and if you find the hospice difficult, don't go.  

But, you should find something you like to do, or somewhere you like to be as that's good for you

This is my first post, my husband was diagnosed in August.  He's having chemo prior to Whipple Procedure, all being well.  I am so very sorry to hear there is no treatment available to you.  All the more reason to do things we like to do in whatever time we have 

i wish you all the very best

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Keep doing what makes you smile and be kind to yourself; scream when you want toWink xxx