Melanoma Scar

• 4 replies
  • 66 subscribers

Hi, I had a Melanoma removed in 2018 from my lower thigh, since that I feel I have become a hypochondriac.

Lately I have had discomfort and itching in my scar area. There have been no changes in the appearance of the scar. I am afraid I could be imagining it but I am also afraid that it’s real and it could be something more sinister 

Has anyone else experienced this?

x

• Not the same thing I know but I had a replacement hip four years ago so have a long scar and that can itch like mad.  I just want to scratch it!  I guess I just accept the itching as being part of what happens when you get a scar.  I also have a melanoma scar on my arm and never feel anything there.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

Like Tiptoes the scar on my arm where my melanoma was removed from doesn't itch but my suggestion would be for you to speak to your SCNS. She will either be able to put your mind at ease about the itching or arrange for you to speak to/see your consultant to check it out.

Do let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank u to both you Tiptoes and Latchbrook for taking the time to message. 
    I have since contacted my Scns and have an appt next week 

I think sometimes it’s the fear of the unknown that scares the bejeezuz out of us. I am a single mum of 2 gorgeous girls and the thought of anything happening that I can’t take care of them or give them all they need and deserve it doesn’t bear thinking about

• That's great that you have an appointment next week to see if there's any problem with your scar  :)

It's natural to worry when something out of the ordinary happens, we're all guilty of doing it, but you've done the best thing in arranging to get it looked at.

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"