2nd telephone check up went well (Latchbrook)

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Recently I had my 2nd 3 monthly phone consultation.  I thought I would let you know how it went and also I remembered to ask why I had two biopsies done.

Before the phone call I was asked to take a  couple of photos of my arm and send them in using My Medical Record.  The lovely doctor, same one again, had obviously looked at them and asked me the usual questions about my skin.  I told her I had tried checking my lymph nodes using the YouTube connection she had given me.  I did admit to getting bored by it but she said not to worry we are going to get you in for a proper check.  This will be in September with the doctor who spends all his time it seems, checking skin.  I have met him though his checks on my son and know he has spent time abroad on sabbatical learning from other experts.  He seems so knowledgeable. She also made me a second appointment to be seen by my consultant in January.  I am now on six monthly checks.  So I am quite happy.

As for why I have a second biopsy report it is because my original hospital, the one I have left, sent me to another hospital group for the further operation on my arm and lymph nodes.  This second hospital would want their own biopsy done as a matter of course.  Hence I have two and am at a hospital in this group.

Hope you are enjoying the summer and meeting up with friends.

• Hi and it's good to hear from you again

I'm glad to hear that everything's going well for you. Coincidentally I'm due my second telephone consultation two weeks today. I'd rather be seen 'in the flesh' but I understand why they're reluctant to do that. However, the fact that you have a face-to-face appointment next month gives me some hope that I might get to see someone soon too.

Just like you I should be going on 6 monthly check-ups now but I don't want to do that until I'm actually seen by someone otherwise I'll have gone a year without being seen.

We managed to get away in our campervan for a coupe of weeks recently and met up with some friends in Bridlington. It was great to be doing something normal again!

All the best x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"