Melanoma treatment options

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi ,

This is Hemanth and we are living in the UK.

My sister Radhika is diagnosed with Melanoma in Jul,2015 and has been currently getting treatment in Sweden, Europe but the progress has not been that great. Recently it has spread to her liver as well and she is suffering a lot.  

We would like to explore the treatment options available here so that she can come to UK and get treated herself.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks in Advance,

Hemanth

• Hi , I’m sorry to hear about your sister and her metastatic melanoma diagnosis. It can’t be the easiest of times to seek treatment in another country, your sister might be like me in that I’m considered to be in an extremely vulnerable group and it’s recommended that I shouldn’t leave the house due to the coronavirus, so traveling the long distance from Sweden to the U.K. is going to be a difficult decision for her. 

I have no personal experience of coming from abroad to get treatment but the professions on the Macmillan Support line might be able to give you some information on 0808 808 0000 open 8am to 8pm.

I don’t know what treatment your sister is on in Sweden, I have been on Pembrolizumab for metastatic melanoma, but have been on a break in treatment due to the coronavirus. If you want to look at treatment for metastatic melanoma I was wondering if the links below might help as well.

https://pda.melanomafocus.com/stage-four/

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/melanoma/treatment/advanced-treatment/biological-therapy/about-biological-therapy

In this group there are people who have or are on various treatments, ask away if there’s any personal experience questions you want to ask.

best wishes

Take care KT

• Hi , there seems to be a glitch with my reply, as it shows no replies, I hope you got a email to show I responded to you and that your working your way through things with your sister.

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Thank you very much for the valuable information. I can see your previous message now. 

Thanks,

Hemanth