Swollen lymph glands

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 56 subscribers

I have had 4 post op 3 month checks and have been given a new consultant this last time.

whilst being examined he has found some swellings in my right groin. I had the sentinel lymph gland removed from here during the WLE.

this came back clear and I have had a few moles removed that are also clear. My new consultant has taken bloods and requested a scan and also fine needle biopsy (I think)  has any body else had this situation.

thanks in advance Flushed

• Hi , I just thought I’d pop in to say hi and sympathise, I think at the 4th post op check you were probably just getting used to everything being fine, and now your a bit thrown out by having a blip that that has to be investigated. Or at least that’s how I’ve felt when I’ve had a blip. It’s really good that they are being cautious.

My experience is in my profile, I’ve had scans every 3 months since July 2015, and I’ve had 2 fine needle or core biopsies guided by ultra sound and one guided by CT.

I’m crossing my fingers and toes for you and hope you have dates for your procedures soon, as I often think waiting for things to happen is the worst bit.

Best wishes

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Yes the waiting is worse than the procedure. It should be within the next 2 weeks fingers crossed. It’s the effects that it has on your mind that are the worst, but chatting to other people who know how it feels helps. 

Keep you posted 

• Hi Bally

i has the same as you three years ago in that I had a positive lymph node removed from my right groin. On my fourth ultrasound scan I had a swollen node which was biopsied. It came back as being absolutely fine which was a massive relief. 
    unfortunately on my sixth scan I had a swollen node which came back after biopsy with melanoma in it so am going to the consultant today to discuss further surgery and then treatment.

i understand completely how stressful it can be waiting to know but I could only try to think how grateful I was that these things are picked up so early and that there is a lot that be done to help. Good luck!!

Tink

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Tinktoo

Hi Tink, thanks for your reply. My first slnb was clear the melanoma was just located on my calf and hadn’t gone any further. This is the first time I’ve had a wobble since my initial diagnosis. I’m hoping that the scan and biopsy comes quickly and the results fast and clear.  I hope you got on ok today and I totally agree with being grateful for the 3 month checks.

take care.